Statement of Facts Filed by Former NRA CFO Woody Phillips
In connection with a motion for summary judgment, defendant Woody Phillips filed a statement of material facts on February 10, 2023. As evidentiary support for certain claims, Phillips also filed the transcript of his deposition, taken by the New York Attorney General on August 8, 2021. Phillip’s Statement of Material Facts includes the following information:
- The NRA gave Phillips a post-retirement consulting contract that would pay him $30,000 a month ($360,000 a year), in addition to reimbursement for expenses and rented office space for Phillips. (para. 8)
- For that amount, Phillips claims to have done three things for the NRA: (1) investigate the potential for an online education program affiliated with the NRA, (2) working on the Young Guns program, and (3) maintaining contact and relationships with NRA donors in Texas. (para. 11)
- However, the attached testimony in Phillips’ deposition raises questions about how much work Phillips actually performed.
- Phllips acknowledges having a romantic relationship with a woman who was the principal of an entity that the NRA later contracted with to develop software for the NRA. (para. 13-21)
- Phillips executed this contract on behalf of the NRA. (para. 21)